This month, a women’s over-80s running-relay team set a world record at the ACT Masters Athletics Club in Canberra. How inspiring is that?
The women talk about starting athletics later in life and the benefits, proving it’s never too late to start your movement journey.
Movement has a multitude of benefits for the mature mover. It can help:
- Reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes and dementia
- Increase cardiovascular capacity
- Protect bone density
- Build and maintain muscle mass
- Keep joints working as best they can
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Reduce risk of falls
- Support better sleep
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Make you feel happier!
Just Believe Fit is running some classes tailored especially to mature movers. The classes feature strength classes, yoga, balance training, and dance, and take place in our welcoming space in Thornbury.
Become part of our caring community and get going on your healthy living journey.
Find out more …