Whether you would like to work in the comfort and convenience of your own home or join a live class in a studio, the benefits of using a chair in yoga are many.
Here are just a few to help you assess if Chair Yoga could be a welcome addition to your current exercise program.
- Find mobility in a way that is more gentle than your usual yoga class.
- Brings increased circulation, flexibility, joint health, and exercise to your life.
- Get all the benefits of yoga, only with a chair. As well as the embodied movement, you get the mindfulness, breath-work, healing and wellness, pervading peace and calm, and stress-management for which yoga is renowned.
- Ideal for people who have movement restrictions, perhaps due to surgery, or shoulder, hip, ankle, or knee issues, there is no need to kneel, to sit on the floor, or to get up and down off the floor.
- Ideal exercise for those with conditions such as chronic pain, carpal tunnel, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, frozen shoulder or bursitis. Options are given for those with restricted movement.
- Self-care … These classes are guaranteed to make you feel good about yourself. This is about taking the time and making the space to nourish yourself. Yoga of any kind helps you sleep better, and improves your mental state.
- Slow down the degeneration that comes with getting older. This means there is less risk of injury and it makes household chores easier too.
- Slot right into a chair yoga class with no preparation or need for special equipment. There is no need for a special outfit. All you need is a chair. No previous yoga experience is necessary either. This class is perfect for the beginner and those people who say they are not flexible enough to do yoga.
- Easy to do at home (Turn your camera off on Zoom and you can do Just Believe Fit’s online chair yoga classes in your PJs!)